Full day Kitesurfing Lesson Langebaan
The full day kitesurfing lesson Langebaan will begin with an Introduction to Kitesurfing theory session. Followed by kite flying using foil trainer kites on the beach. This includes kite set up, safe launching & landing and flying techniques. You will also cover the kite set up and pre-flight checks, the launch, land and flying in addition to re-launch techniques before learning about body-dragging (using the kite to drag you through the water)!
Furthermore this lesson is a great intro to one of the fastest growing water sports in the world.
What you will learn
- Kitesurfing theory and terminology
- Trainer kite flying
- Kite set-up
- Control and wind window
- Board start
- There is no maximum or minimum height or size, but you will need to fit into a harness.
- The minimum age is 12 years old.
- If you have a particular medical condition that you think may affect your ability to do the course, please check with the centre when booking.
- Participants must be comfortable in the water and a confident swimmer.
- The course will last for up to 4 hours.
- The start times may vary due to wind and tide times.
What to Wear / Equipment
- Students should dress appropriately for the weather on the day – unfortunately it is not always bright sunshine and 30 degrees on the beach!
- The first part of any course is land based so you will need trainers or other flat, sensible shoes, and warm clothes.
- You should also bring drinks, snacks, sun protection and sunglasses.
- Swimming trunks, costumes and bikinis are fine to wear underneath your wetsuit for the practical lesson. And, of course, don’t forget to bring a towel!
Group Size / Spectators
- 2 students per instructor.
- Spectators are welcome, but please find out from the instructors where the safest place to stand and watch is.
- Kitesurfing is a weather-dependent sport – you need sufficient wind & tides.
- It is important to be aware of changes in the wind speed, direction and sea state.
- Kitesurfing is available all year round, although November to April are the best months in Cape Town!
*All of our Instructors are IKO certified.
*All equipment is included.
*Transport from Blouberg is included.