Body Drag Kitesurfing lesson
What you will learn:
- This will be the first stage of learning to body drag. The downwind body drag lesson allows you to feel the power of the kite without a board getting in your way.
- There is no maximum or minimum height or size, but you will need to fit into a harness.
- The minimum age is 12 years old.
- If you have a particular medical condition that you think may affect your ability to do the course, please check with your doctor when booking.
- Participants must be comfortable in the water and a confident swimmer.
What to Wear / Equipment
- You should dress appropriately for the weather on the day – unfortunately it is not always bright sunshine and 30 degrees on the beach!
- The first part of any course is land based so you will need trainers or other flat, sensible shoes, and warm clothes.
- You should also bring drinks, snacks, sun protection and sunglasses.
- Swimming trunks, costumes and bikinis are fine to wear underneath your wetsuit for the practical lesson. And, of course, don’t forget to bring a towel!
Group Size / Spectators
- 2 students per instructor. Spectators are welcome, but please find out from the instructors where the safest place to stand and watch is.
- Kitesurfing is a weather-dependent sport – you need sufficient wind & tides. As such kitesurfing lessons will only take place under the right conditions. It is important to be aware of changes in the wind speed, direction and sea state.
- Kitesurfing is available all year round, although November to April are the best months in Cape Town! *All of our instructors are IKO certified. *All equipment is supplied. *Travel from Blouberg is included. Book now or get in contact for more information.