Beginner kitesurfing lesson
*Price includes kitesurfing gear, safety equipment and wetsuit
Duration: 2 Hours
What you will learn during a beginner kitesurfing lesson:
- Kitesurfing theory and terminology
- Trainer kite flying
- Kite set-up
- Control and wind window
- There is no maximum or minimum height or size, but you will need to fit into a harness.
- The minimum age is 12 years old.
- If you have a particular medical condition that you think may affect your ability to do the course, please check with your doctor when booking.
- Participants must be comfortable in the water and a confident swimmer.
Group Size / Spectators
- There are 2 students per instructor in the group lesson.
- Private lessons are one on one.
- Spectators are welcome, but please find out from the instructors where the safest place to stand and watch is.
- Kitesurfing is a weather-dependent sport – you need sufficient wind & tides. Therefore, kitesurfing lessons will only take place under the right conditions.
- It is important to be aware of changes in the wind speed, direction and sea state.
- Kitesurfing is available all year round, although November to April are the best months in Cape Town!
What should I bring
- Sun hat
- Snacks and water
*All of our Instructors are IKO certified.
*All equipment is included.